Hi ladies... I thought I would try to come in here to see if any moms have experianced TTTS. I am 29 weeks as of today. Last week I was diagnosed with TTTS. The babies had a 41% size difference and a significant difference in their fluid levels. 2cm and 19cm. I was admitted to magee hospital in Pittsburgh. On Monday I had an amnioreduction and they removed 5 L of fluid. Baby a's fluid increased to 6 and b's decreased to9 . Today a's fluid was 2.8 and b's fluid was 12.8 so I have to go in for a second amnioreduction on Monday.
Has anyone experianced amnioreductions or premature births from TTTS. I really don't know what to expect and if it's safe to keep having the reductions or would it be better to deliver really early?
HUGS! I have no advice to offer but did not want to read and not respond. I hope things continue to progress positively for you! What are the weights of the babies at this time? I know of several multiples mommas on here that had their babies early but do not know of any TTTS moms on here although I am sure there are plenty.
Thank you! As of Friday the babies were 2lbs5oz and 3lbs5oz. Last week they were 2lbs3 oz and 3lbs 8oz give or take a little. I am hoping they can hang on until at least 32 weeks.
I had fluid differences through the pregnancy, although not enough to need the reduction of the fluids. the main concern with me was the differences of blood flow to the babies. Alexis was sucking all the blood from Bailey, and she was much smaller, Alexis was much bigger.
Throughout the pregnancy, I was told we would be delivering early, the risk would eventually outweigh the benefits.
I has a round of steroid shots at 27 weeks (as they told me 28 weeks would be viable, so they wanted to be ready) I had another round at 32 weeks. Yep, we still kept going.
I was scheduled to deliver at 34 weeks. Everything was set. well, like all plans, that fell through and I delivered at 33 weeks, 4 days. Bailey decided she was going to get a little rambunctious and got the cord tangled around her neck a coupld of times.
So, we delivered. They were good. It felt a little weird being in the NICU, although my babies were premature, they were giants compared to the other little ones. We were discharged on what would have been their 36th week.
Have you had the steroid shots yet?? To me, that was a lifesaver. it helps with the lung development.
Good luck with everything, I hope you can keep those babies baking another few weeks!
I did have 2 doses at 28 weeks of the steroids. I go in tomorrow morning for another round of amnioreduction. Baby a is much smaller than baby B. They also thought baby a was having a few episodes of having his bloo supply cut off from him laying on his cord when the fluid is very low. They told me he is very anemic at this point and baby b's heart I starting to thicken because of the increased blood flow. It can be reversed but will take time... I have been having sooo many thoughts about what is better... To leave them in and keep gettingthe reductions and hope nothing happens when I am not monitored and the fluid levels shift suddenly or to take them out and deal with the premature issues.... I just don't know what would be better for the babies. I would rather have two very premature infants than not have any babies at all if something were to happen. Just a very confusing emotional time that I was not ready to have thrown at me. But on a positive side they are both still wiggling around!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry that you are going thru such a scary time. I'm not familiar with the hospital you mentioned- is it a teaching hosp w/great docs? All I can think of is that you need the very best advice. I'm sending you many positive thoughts:hugs: I hope today's appt goes well and I will look for your update.
I just wanted to wish you good luck. This is something that I have no experience with.
I did deliver at 32 weeks 5 days with no steroid shots (no complications until a placenta abruption). My twins only spent 12 days in the NICU. They were big though - 4 lbs 10 oz and 4 lbs 12 oz.
I hope you can make it to 32 weeks!
I am admitted back in the hospital for now... almost delivered today because of concerns over baby b's heart but they said everything was ok. And decided to do another reductions. Afterwards baby a decided to have a few decelerations so they contemplated delivering again but he ended up being ok after a few hours. They are thinking I will deliver soon maybe next week. Not sure how much more baby B can handle before going into heart failure. But everyday is a blessing!!!
I hope the babies hang in there for a little longer!